BBA Start date: September 2023
Duration: 4 years (full-time)
Entrance Requirements: ENG 12, MATH 12, 3 university prep courses
Why Study Management & Leadership?
A concentration in Management & Leadership prepares students to respond to today's leadership needs through management roles in a variety of work organizations. The functions of management include planning, organizing, leading and evaluating; the knowledge needed to do these functions includes business ethics and social responsibility, leadership, strategic management, human resources management, human behaviour in organization and an understanding of organizational life. By taking courses in all these areas, our graduates learn about the complexities of managing within an increasingly global and diverse social and stakeholder context, and how to create a work environment where people can thrive, do good work, and accomplish goals. Our program has options for students to broaden their base of knowledge by studying contemporary subjects including Indigenous business, environmental sustainability, gender in management, labour relations and more.
The Management & Leadership Program
Our Management & Leadership program is nationally accredited by the Canadian Institute of Management. Our program offers dynamic learning experiences which often challenge business as usual. Course instruction draws from a wide range of engaging methods including service learning projects in community organizations, film and case analysis, debates, simulations, guest lectures, virtual teams and field trips. Along the way, through critique and reflection, students will learn more about themselves and the kind of business leader they are and wish to become.
- Human resource development and management
- Labour relations
- Management consulting and/or project management
- Wide range of analyst and supervisory positions in organizational types ranging from private to public, profit to not-for-profit, corporate to cooperative, global to local
Post Graduate Education and Training Opportunities
- CPHR professional designation (Chartered Professional in Human Resources)
- CIM (Canadian Institute in Management)
- MBA, MPA, Law, Education
- Numerous management related post-graduate diploma and certificate options, including sport management, operations management, tourism and hospitality management, and more