Post-Baccalaureate in Business
The Post-Baccalaureate diploma is a two-year business technology diploma for those who already possess an undergraduate degree.
Start Date: September, 2023
Duration: 2 year, 48 credits
Time Commitment:Full-time, September through April
Location: On Campus, Antigonish, NS
Co-operative Education: Optional
The Business Studies program provides students with the knowledge, best practices, and hands-on skills needed to start, manage, market, and assess the financial health of businesses.
What is the Post-Baccalaureate in Business program?
There is considerable demand for Business Studies graduates. The Post-baccalaureate Diploma in Business Studies is for those who have completed a four-year undergraduate degree in any discipline. Both domestic and internal students are eligible to apply for admission.
What will I learn in this program?
Students will receive a strong foundation in business in the first year of the two-year program. They will have the opportunity to explore the core functional areas of business, entrepreneurship and international business. In the second year, students will advance their studies in one or more of seven streams.
The key learning outcomes of the Post-baccalaureate Diploma in Business Studies are:
- Understand core functional areas in business
- Understand different perspective roles of business in society
- Apply theories and best practices of the core functional areas at an advanced level
- Develop quantitative and qualitative analyses skills
- Build critical thinking, teamwork, leadership, oral and written communication skills
In Business Studies, students can be admitted with a degree in any area except for Business. The passing grade in the program is 50%. Here are the core courses:
- BSAD 221 Introductory Financial Accounting
- BSAD 223 Introductory Managerial Accounting
- BSAD 231 Foundations of Marketing
- BSAD 241 Financial Management
- BSAD 261 Organizational Behaviour
- BSAD 281 Foundations of Business Information Technology
- BSAD 356 Entrepreneurship
- BSAD 357 International Business
Completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university. A cumulative average of 70% or higher in the applicant’s undergraduate program. Limited enrolment.
For International Students: Students with an IELTS score of 6.5 and no band below 6.0 will be deemed to have satisfied the English language requirements for admissions to graduate programs. Other acceptable tests include: MELAB (minimum score required is 90), TOEFL iBT (minimum score required is 90 and no lower than 20 in each band), CAEL (minimum score required is 71), CAE (minimum score required is 180 overall and no lower than 170 in each band.