BBA Start date: September 2023
Duration: 4 years (full-time)
Why Study International Business?
The International Business program helps students experience the interconnectedness of the world and gain a global perspective while providing them with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in an international business environment. Employers continuously seek candidates with a global perspective as well as critical thinking, language, and communications skills. Our graduates are adaptable to the changing global business environment, have cultural intelligence, can collaborate effectively, and bring creative solutions to global issues. They also have an expanded view of global challenges and international regulative governance structures such as the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and Climate Change, and the UN Convention on International Sales of Goods (CISG).
The International Business Program
The International Business program includes an option to complete an international exchange at one of our global partner institutions. This immersion experience helps students develop adaptability, communication skills, cultural intelligence, and a global mindset. Our students also develop language skills to help navigate in different cultures and more easily become “global citizens”. Intensive “Immersion Service Learning” opportunities are also available for students who want to gain global academic service experience.
- Management consulting
- Consular officers, trade officers in Canada’s and careers in government service
- Global non-for-profit organizations, charities, and social enterprises
- International human resources managers, corporate recruiting, training and development managers
- International market researchers, business lead developers, sales and advertising executives Export and import management, including customs brokers and logistics managers
Post Graduate Education and Training Opportunities
- CITP designation (Certified International Trade Professional) from Forum on Trade Training (FITT)
- MBA (Master’s in Business Administration) degree
- MPA (Master’s in Public Administration)
- Master of International Business
- International Business diploma Bachelor of Law (LLB; LLM)
Our faculty and staff are actively engaged in teaching and research. Classroom teaching is informed by a combination of academic training and practical work experience, as faculty have worked in industry, served in communities, and taught internationally. Faculty research explores a broad range of areas including leadership, change management, human resources, ethics and CSR, Indigenous business, social entrepreneurship, growth and internationalization, international development, international legal frameworks, and the publication of teaching cases. It is common for our faculty to be supporting student research through both paid summer research internships and honours thesis supervision.